More than ever in our history on this planet, it is essential for us to seek and grow our capacity to transform the either/or thinking that is at the heart of the polarization and separation we all experience.
Have you ever wondered how to:
- Ask fully for what you want while letting go of having to have it?
- Grow your inner freedom while stepping fully into interdependence?
- Reclaim your power while revealing your human vulnerability?
- Walk towards radical truth-telling while fully maintaining love?
- Not take responsibility for other people's experience while fully caring for the impact of your choices?
- Understand other people's experience without having to agree with them?
- Persist in asking for what you want while holding everyone's choices sacred?
In this class, you will take a deep tour of the paradoxical land of 'both/and.' By integrating the fragments of truth that you may be conditioned to see as being at odds with each other, you can experience how Nonviolent Communication (NVC) can move ‘either/or’ thinking towards a more non-dualistic, integrated, nonviolent consciousness. This integration can shift perceptions of separation and open the path to wholeness and peace from the inside out, the path to the unity that we all long for in our lives and nations.
In each of our 4 sessions, we will explore one NVC Zen-like paradox in-depth. Each class will include a power-point presentation, a demonstration, and practice in break-out rooms (with some flexibility to changes). You will have a chance, through modeling and role-playing, to apply the shift in consciousness from either/or to both/and to situations of interest to you from your life. There is no truth that cannot be told in a way that maintains connection!
This course builds on and can be taken separately from or in addition to the introductory session, Living in Paradox Land: from Either/Or to Both/And, which is part of The Communication Difference Nonviolent Communication (NVC) introductory program.